Blubbr is a free website that makes it possible for you to create and play trivia games with embedded videos. Blubbr calls the games trivs. You can play trivs in different categories, from celebs and music to sport and education. Click on the image below to play a sample triv now.
I setup my Blubbr account (I’d be glad for you to connect with me) and gave it a test drive. It seems that at its core, Blubbr is about making interesting things into fun games. I see many potential educational connections and personal uses.
Here are a few ideas that might be useful to teachers and students.
- You and your students can create trivs focused on the unit you’re currently studying.
- Students can develop a triv focused on personal interests and then extend that into research, writing, journaling, etc.
- It can be a useful strategy for pre-testing, review and as a study guide.
- Trivs can be an engaging alternative strategy for book reports, science presentations, social studies reports, and more.
- Allowing students to design quizzes puts them in the role of the teacher. This technique can encourage higher-order thinking.
- You and your students can create trivs to introduce yourselves at the beginning of the year.
- Developing trivs can be a fun way for students to reflect on a novel, science unit, historical event, poetry, or the highlights of their school year.
You can challenge your students and their families by sharing trivs on your website, via email, through social networks, or by sharing the links in your print-based newsletter.
In addition to it’s many educational uses, Blubbr can also be used for fun with family and friends. Here are a few ideas that I considered.
- Develop a triv about your parents and share it with your family to celebrate your parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.
- Prepare for the sights you’ll be visiting during vacation by sharing a triv with your travel companions.
- Show your support for your favorite team or athlete with a triv about them.
- Challenge your family to a scavenger hunt with a series of trivs that will lead them to a surprise.
You can challenge your family and friends to complete trivs by sharing them on your blog, through Google+, Facebook, and Twitter, or via email.
Blubbr is simple and fun. With well-designed activities it can make significant educational contributions. So what are you waiting for? Go triv something…and share your trivs in this post’s comments so that we can play, too.
- Blubbr – Create Interactive Quizzes Using YouTube Clips (freetech4teachers.com)
- Play & create video trivia games (philbradley.typepad.com)
- Blubbr – Create Interactive Quizzes Using YouTube Clips (lovetoreadlovetolearn.wordpress.com)